🤓 Full-time Instructor/Mentor
9 000 - 15 000 PLN net
🌍 Codecool Poland | Ślusarska 9, Kraków🖥 https://codecool.com/pl/
Want to change lives through coding? Become a mentor at Codecool, where we launch hundreds of young people on successful coding careers. Apply now!
Codecool is a growing network of coding schools in the CEE region. Our mission is to reinvent IT education and solve the ever growing IT talent gap of companies by giving coding carriers for a wide range of people. Codecool is already present in 4 locations, 2 countries (Hungary, Poland), with a 3,2M EUR revenue in 2018, 5M EUR target revenue in 2019.
What your typical day will look like in the IT Mentor role:
- The classes start at 9:00 am. After a quick warm-up question whole class starts coding
- Students present their code and review it together
- You facilitate and help students with their work
- At 3:00 pm the students finish their class and summarize the biggest challenges
- Consultations with students who have questions
- Mentors stand-up
- Prepare materials and exercises for prospective day/week
- Examining students who are ready to pass to the next module
- Weekly retrospectives
As an ideal candidate you will have the following skills and abilities:
- You have a positive attitude and you know how to inspire others
- You believe in the practice-oriented, project-based learning model and you understand the difference between teaching and mentoring,
- You are inclined to proactively influence people and things around you
- You speak fluent Polish and your English is on a communicative level (B2 or higher)
- You love to learn and educate yourself continuously
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome atmosphere. We enjoy frequent team events, parties and workshops.
- You can stay on top of your tech while not sitting in front of a screen all day, every day. Plus, you get to use your skills to change people’s lives.
- We are a flat organization: every mentor has a role, but there are no traditional bosses. So if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, it will happen.
- Constant learning; we share our knowledge and thanks to the training budget we can choose workshops and materials that suit us most