🤓 DevOps Engineer
5 000 - 10 000 PLN net
🌍 STX Next | Jaśkowa Dolina 17a, Gdańsk🖥 https://stxnext.com
Hi there! We are the biggest European Python Powerhouse with over 14+ years of experience, 5 offices in Poland and deep commitment to Agile principles. Join a group of 300+ professionals dedicated to helping customers build outstanding software products. Are you the NEXT one?
Also, we’re proud of what our customers are saying about us at clutch.co.
Are you ready for adventure?
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who is willing to trust us and by working with us to extend his own knowledge and skills. If you are the one be sure, you will be working with a team of amazing people. No doubt STX Next is the place where you can see and what is more exciting work in different projects and technologies. If you are going to be SME in technology we are ready to help you.
Szymon Piasecki – Head of DevOps at STX Next
Reporting directly to the Head of DevOps, the DevOps engineer will cooperate with DevOps team members and will be responsible for assisting different project teams, providing support in relation to configuration, automation and maintenance of project environments (cloud and local).
The position is a technical role. The candidate would be expected to provide Level 2 support that ensures continuity of service for the supported project environments and business products.
Additionally, the candidate would be expected to provide Level 1 support for internal users when needed (up to 20% of the time).
- Experience in Configuration Management in at least one of the following orchestration tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt).
- Experience in Cloud solutions, using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms. Experience in AWS or other cloud providers is nice to have (e.g. Google Cloud, Azure).
- General knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Zenoss, Zabbix).
- Experience with tools to provision Infrastructure as a Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
- Understanding of:
- Debian and/or Red Hat based Linux distributions,
- HTTPd services,
- Load balancers,
- Operational and Support awareness.
- Understanding of networking (DNS, NTP, SSH, HTTP)
- Experience in supporting internal users (hardware support, Windows, Linux, MacOS, on-boarding and off-boarding new employees).
Nice to have
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python preferred).
- Fluent Polish and good command of English (capable of holding technical communication with clients).
- Ability to work in global teams.
- Ability to ask questions and exchange knowledge with team members.
- Provide required support to less experienced team members.
- Willingness to support clients out of business hours (occasionally).
Perks for you
- Training budget – conferences, books, online or offline courses – use your annual training budget and decide on the direction of your professional development. STX Next covers 75% costs of training, conferences and language course
- Bring your own device option – you only enjoy working on your own computer? No problem, just bring it into our office and get a financial equipment bonus.
- Internal referral program – want to help us to expand our team of superheroes? Recommend a friend to STX Next and get a bonus.
- Relocation package – if there is no STX Next office around you, the relocation package might be kind of useful.
- Leader’s support – conferences’, internal trainings’ and permanent meetups’ speakers – join the STX Next crew and work with true enthusiasts and professionals!
- Workation – Poznań, Wrocław, Gdańsk, Piła and Łódź – no matter where you work on a daily basis, use a workation option to work in other STX Next offices any time you want.
- Events – craft Thursdays, Friday movie marathons, and board games – join local events in your office.
- Reimbursed private medical care (Medicover) and Multisport – we care about the health and well-being of our colleagues. Choose a sports card and dedicated medical care for yourself and your relatives.
- Monthly party budget – they say that little party with your colleagues is always a good idea :)
- Work-life balance – we are open to discuss individual needs. Set up working hours and limited remote work scheduled with your team and manager, who works for both sides.